CCPA compliance with SecureAge Technology
What is the CCPA?
The CCPA gives consumers more control over the personal information that businesses collect about them. As a result, businesses of any kind, including brokers, are required to give consumers certain notices explaining their privacy practices. This landmark law secures new privacy rights for California consumers, including :
- The right to know about the personal information a business collects about them
- The right to know how information collected is used and shared
- The right to delete personal information collected from them (with some exceptions)
- The right to opt-out of sale of their personal information
Does the CCPA apply
outside of California?
The CCPA is the most significant US privacy law to date and you dont even need to have operations or employees in California for it to affect you. CCPA will apply if your organisation is owned by, or even shares common branding with a Californian business. It applies to all for-profit companies that collect, share, or sell California consumers personal Data and meet one of the following criteria:
- $25M in annual revenue
- Processes Data on >50,000 consumers, households or devices
- Generates 50% of revenues from selling personal Data
What you need to know
about CCPA compliance